January 12, 2010

loony

You know, when I was a kid I didn't necessarily love to glance at a sky full of puffy clouds and pick out the shapes that I saw among them.  Sure I've got vivid memories of this specific activity but I do not recall having a ball while doing so.  But today, I thoroughly enjoyed cooling down a cup of piping hot chocolate, blowing into the froth, and watching the shapes form within the white suds that skimmed the surface.  It requires a special type of mouth contortion, if you really want to get into it, and it will no doubt draw stares from whoever is around.  Your eyes may bulge, a whistle could escape your lips.  Be gentle with your breath, though, in order to make it last as long as possible. 

Mid afternoon boredom pleasure, my friends.  Take my word for it.

No comments: