January 18, 2010

hot and spicy goals

I went to Flushing today and had the best Sichuanese I've ever had.  I can't believe it has taken me no less than three and a half years to make the trek.  Madness!

Moving along.  I sent a list of goals to myself from my computer at work the other day.  Rather than keep them to myself, I'm going to publish them here.  It'll be fun to look back to see which I achieved and when.  Some are pretty lofty, some are attainable tonight, and some are in between.  The plan is to come back to this every so often, add to it, and (hopefully) cross off what I've done.  Here goes.

Write a cookbook

Volunteer for the UN

Host a fondue dinner party for 8

Cook a Russian Peruvian meal for Dima
(It was Russian, but I made golubtsy and cabbage soup on Saturday - one down!)

Learn to make and master perogies from scratch

Spend one week with my grandmother and bake her a chocolate cake and a lemon meringue pie, or whatever she fancies these days.

Listen to live Spanish guitar and take a flamenco class in Spain

Learn to knit and finish John's afghan that our grandmother started

Recreate a Scropino, like the kind they make here

Travel to Fes for a Moroccan cooking vacation

Visit a cheese farm

Go apple picking in upstate NY and make apple pie, strudel, butter, cider, dumplings, etc

Sky dive

Scuba dive the Blue Hole

Add to my photo collection of food

Take a public speaking class (eek)


2 comments:

Nikoline said...

Which of those do you think you could do tonight? I suppose there is some 24 hr. skydive place.....
If you find yourself in Minneapolis this summer, we could drive down to Northfield and go to the sheep cheese farm Josh worked at.
I can teach you how to knit, but all I do is scarfs....you could maybe stitch a few together to make a blanket.
As for the rest....I may just have to go with you on some of those adventures :)

Jacqui said...

You're right. I could have the fondue party tonight, or make the scropino!

I'd love to go to Northfield and have you teach me to knit.

I have a feeling that many upcoming adventures will unfold for us, say, during the months of June, July, and August.

Ah, I adore that you still read this :) Love ya much.